Alternative energy investment with high returns
Biofuels are nature’s way of producing clean burning energy and therefore present a profitable investment opportunity, as climate change and growing energy consumption create an urgent need for sustainable fuel. In 2007 Goldman Sachs cited Jatropha as one of the best candidates for future biodiesel production… Having done extensive due diligence on potential Jatropha projects Emerald Knight is now proud to present another ground breaking ethical investment opportunity.
- Our Jatropha project is based in Indonesia, the largest economy in South East Asia, which boasts an experienced work force in biofuel crop production
- Not only a sound investment but an ethical one, for every 10,000 hectares sold through the investment, 33,000 new local jobs will be created
- Socially, economically and environmentally sustainable within the local community
- Full certificate of land entitlement for 20 years with potential for 5 year extensions
- Following six years of extensive research and development our team at Waterland International has developed a high-yielding Jatropha plant
- Sold per hectare with approximately 1,600 seedlings and branch cuttings for €1,200
- Jatropha is a drought-resistant inedible green shrub that grows almost anywhere, so not displacing agricultural land for food.
- The oil-rich seeds produce 2 metric tonnes of oil per hectare, the highest of all tree seeds
- Jatropha’s potential to help mitigate climate change is vast, reducing 68% of the greenhouse gas emissions of fossil diesel
- The Indonesian government plans to have 1.5 million hectares of the plant under cultivation by the end of 2010
- The largest economy in Southeast Asia, Indonesia has set a budget of $22 billion for alternative fuels promotion
Emerald Knight together with Aston Lloyd PLC and Euro Farms can now announce a new investment providing clients with the opportunity to reap rewards from biofuel investment in Indonesia
Our Jatropha project is fully managed by Waterland International, an Indonesian-based alternative energy company with many years experience in Jatropha cultivation. Waterland International employs an in-house agricultural technology enterprise that has developed high-yielding Jatropha plant hybrids which give superior yield and oil content. This is the result of more than six years of research and development.
For more information and to download our research reports and e-brochures visit the Media Downloads page